Eucharisteo: to be grateful, to feel thankful, to give thanks
I don’t know about you, but most days, I don’t feel all that thankful. Sometimes I simply don’t want to feel thankful.
So I write them down.
And count them one by one.
451. our youngest pretending to be Hawkeye
452. green as far as the eye can see
454. gardening shows
456. kind neighbors
458. the touch of good earth in my hands
460. country churches who welcome strangers
461. stacks of unread books
462. tiny desks in unexpected places
464. piles of bananas
465. the scent of freshly cut grass
466. clean sheets
467. tiny baby birds to watch
468. crazy wild rainstorms
469. losing power during a dinner party
470. candles and flashlights
472. The Next Right Thing
473. difficult, discouraging workouts