Eucharisteo: to be grateful, to feel thankful, to give thanks
I don’t know about you, but most days, I don’t feel all that thankful. Sometimes I simply don’t want to feel thankful.
So I write them down.
And count them one by one.
376. freshly painted walls
377. popcorn drizzled with butter
378. swing dancing
379. library books
380. bird feeders
381. watching our oldest ride her bike without training wheels
382. pink roses
383. juke boxes
384. tiny wool coats
385. the first snow of the year
386. Stare at the Sun
389. laundry still warm from the dryer
390. this scene
391. learning new things about tomatoes (did you know that you’re not supposed to store them in the fridge?)
392. blue eyes
393. brown eyes
394. the way the afternoon light streams through the window
395. the sound of typing
396. string cheese
397. impromptu runs for ice cream
398. tiny faces smeared with said ice cream
399. beautiful and sentimental paintings
400. beam of headlights down the driveway (my favorite person is home)
What are you thankful for today?