Now, I know everyone hates those long intros to a promised recipe that force you to scroll down for days and days until you finally reach the recipe, but by then you are fuming and hungry.
So I won’t do that. Here it is:
1 1/4 cups warm water
1 Tbs active dry yeast
1/3 cup honey
2 Tbs vegetable oil
1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
4 cups all purpose flour
- In a large bowl, sprinkle yeast into warm water. Let stand for 5 minutes
- Mix in honey, oil, egg, and salt, one at a time with mixer
- Mix in (by hand) flour, one cup at a time.
- Turn out onto flour surface. Knead four or five times until dough is mixed and soft.
- Return dough to bowl, then cover with damp cloth.
- Place in warm spot for 2 hours to rise.
- Turnout onto flour surface again. Knead three times, then braid as desired and place in greased loaf pan.
- Cover loosely with dry cloth and place in a warm spot for another 2 hours to rise.
- Set oven to 350 degrees
- Brush top of loaf with one beaten egg.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove and let cool on rack, then slice and enjoy! (makes one loaf)