Eucharisteo: to be grateful, to feel thankful, to give thanks
I don’t know about you, but most days, I don’t feel all that thankful. Sometimes I simply don’t want to feel thankful.
So I write them down.
And count them one by one.
301. heavy frost sparkling on the grass
302. Chanukah blessings
303. nurturing a love for reading
304. peanut butter by the spoonful
305. fifteen pound weights
306. weird conversations with my three year old about bodily functions
307. the incredible gift of watching my parents continue to grow in grace and wisdom
308. staying ahead of the morning coffee shop rush
309. lace and pearls woven together
310. the bright red cardinal calling to his mate
311. the scent of fast approaching winter in the air
312. warm baths
313. warm showers
314. a door handle, now fixed (we can open our door again! Yay!)
315. thousands of tiny Christmas lights
316. little girls in pig tails
317. how much my little boy loves Chewbacca
318. little kids’ wish lists
319. soft gloves on frosty mornings
320. a place called home
What are you thankful for today?