Eucharisteo: to be grateful, to feel thankful, to give thanks
I don’t know about you, but most days, I don’t feel all that thankful. Sometimes I simply don’t want to feel thankful.
So I write them down.
And count them one by one.
201. carefully mended princess dresses
202. the sharp scent of freshly cut onion grass
203. bomber jackets
204. large ginger roots
205. spinach pizza
206. the incredible delight in teaching another to read
207. finally finishes the taxes (whew!)
208. ten pound weights
209. cornflower blue skies
210. simple wooden chairs
211. strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow
212. our fire engine red push mower
213. heather gray t-shirts
214. the bright burst of yellow blooms next to orange brick
215. the soft touch of a child’s hand cupping your cheek (and then asking “What zat, Mama? for the hundred time….)
216. laughter over shared experiences
217. phone calls with loved ones states away
218. La Vie en Rose
219. tea with milk
220. sunglasses, gifted by my brother, ten years ago. Still rockin them!
What are you thankful for today?