Eucharisteo: to be grateful, to feel thankful, to give thanks
I don’t know about you, but most days, I don’t feel all that thankful. Sometimes I simply don’t want to feel thankful.
So I write them down.
And count them one by one.
141. this scene with Danny Kaye and Vera Ellen
142. long afternoon naps (feels like it only happens once a quarter, but still amazing!!!)
143. Christmas cards
144. quickstep technique
145. finished projects
146. grocery lists
147. Glenn Miller music
148. blue knit sweaters
149. stories about my grandparents’ escapades
150. watching The Godfather Part 1 with my husband
151. peppermint gum
152. long sheer curtains
153. our dryer that plays an exceptionally long finish tune
154. three year old boys pulling fire alarms out of curiosity….
155. Baby escaping the church nursery twice (he waits by the door all innocent looking, then bolts when someone opens the door….kid can crawl!)
156. latkes and schnitzel discussions
157. freshly baked bread
158. bright green scarves
159. making plans for the future
160. Goose’s excitement over new schoolbooks
162. black beans cooked with celery, carrots, onions, and garlic
163. shelves lined with books
164. bagels and cream cheese
165. resting when you desperately need it
What are you thankful for today?