Eucharisteo: to be grateful, to feel thankful, to give thanks
I don’t know about you, but most days, I don’t feel all that thankful. Sometimes I simply don’t want to feel thankful.
So I write them down.
And count them one by one.
21. heavy blankets on a cool morning
22. no longer needed items listed for sale
23. mounds of lovely produce
24. warm breezes teasing leaves
25. grapefruit scented candles
27. cozy sweatshirts
28. miniature teacups from my grandmother for my daughter
29. reminiscing with my mother over cups of oolong tea
30. snippets of songs from people’s cars as they speed by–glimpses into someone else’s world
31. having one more child potty trained (YES!!!!!)
32. grocery lists
33. savings accounts
34. homemade chicken broth
35. cellar door
36. October football games
37. Thanksgiving planning
38. blush pink pillows
39. Nyquil when head colds take their sweet time
40. photos of a friend’s newborn baby
What are you thankful for today?