This is our master bedroom closet.
Well…..this was our master bedroom closet. (Ahhh, the beauty of that tiny little word).
As you can see, it had become a wreck-a catch all area for donation items, papers, boxes I couldn’t remember what they held, random items for sale-as well as housing our regular clothing and shoes as a closet should.
And-though I don’t have a picture to show you-our bedroom was showing similar treatment with little random piles here and there.
I was really really tired of it.
So a couple days ago, I finally tackled what I knew had to be done. It took me one afternoon and all of $0 to accomplish, and thankfully all the kiddos napped well so I could.
Here is the “finished” product.
- donation, sale, and project items moved to empty guest room (to hopefully be disposed of or used within the next few weeks)
- box contents reviewed and sorted (some into donation pile, others for sale) two of those white boxes are empty now!!!!
- clothes shifted for better placement within the closet
- diaper bag hung for easier access
- regularly accessed boxes moved for easier reaching
Better, right? Even the Bear noticed (yay!). Amazing what a little time, a chair, and my strange little minimalist mind can accomplish when our own space becomes a priority again. Our bedroom/bathroom/closet is ours (the Bear’s and mine), for conversation, connection, and rest. Our little haven shouldn’t be clutter with the leftovers our of days and weeks; it should feel welcoming.
I’ll keep working on that. Little baby steps. Simple steps.